Friday, December 21, 2012

1 Week

I have not put a Newport to my lips in exactly one week. 

Monday the 10th, I smoked my last full cigarette.
Tuesday the 11th I started taking two puffs at a time when DH would be smoking.
Friday the 14th, I woke up and said stop BSing around and just stop smoking.

I have not had one since.  No lozenges, no patches, no nicotine gum, just regular gum.  My biggest trigger moment is when I get off of work and get into the car.  DH used to have a cigarette lit and waiting for me.  

That's the positve.

The negative.  I can't stop eating!!!!!  I can't gain weight, even though I am going to have WLS, I can't gain weight right now.

I am thinking once I get the big urges under control then perhaps the eating will stop.  

Thank you all for the encouraging words, and I have to say Stephanie, cold turkey is working so much better than lozenges.

Jodi, I am ready for my WLS journey.  I am so so so ready.  I hate that I have to wait so long for my next appointment, but should be glad that I have plenty of time to say I quit smoking and I am serious this time around.  I know it's going to be hard, and I don't expect it to be a magical cure, but a tool and nothing more. 

UGH I just want to wake up and it be the last week in January already. 

9 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Great job! I know you can do this- just stick with it sweetie!

I chewed regular gum a lot when I was quitting... so much that my jaw got really sore! It's natural to need to find a way to switch out smoking with something else- gum, food, etc... Maybe you can prepare yourself some healthy snack options, and keep them on hand at all times? Like some baby carrots? I munched on those a lot at first. Just try to figure out what works for you.

You can do this. I believe in you!

Jodi said...

I am so very proud of you. Everything will fly by, keep active so that you get used to a routine. Change everything about the way you look at food it will make the cravings easier. Remember to read labels and keep the sugars and fat under 7grams.

i know you can do it hun.

infertility in men said...

hi,
its good that you have stopped smoking.. :)

bariatric bypass surgery said...

hi

its very good that you have very good hope on yourself :)

Jonathan Boldt said...

I just wrote an ebook called "Shooting Blanks: a husbands perspective on missing the mark and dealing with infertility" and was wondering if you would be interested in reviewing it for your blog or if you would like me to write a guest post. Either way I'd be happy to send you a free copy to read.

http://www.amazon.com/Shooting-Blanks-perspective-infertility-ebook/dp/B00EYMOF9W/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1378329120&sr=1-1&keywords=shooting+blanks

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Cm hospital will let you to be aware as well cautious during pregnancy with the optimal and the life style which would be better in order to carry yourself
Gynecologist In Adambakkam gives you best suggestion to provide you the safer pregnancy.

write with us said...

Cm hospital Fertility Centre in Chennai will let you to be aware over your miscarriage these will help you to have healthy pregnancy with certain preventive measures that will help pregnant women to be cautious as well as safer during their pregnancy.

write with us said...

Pregnancy test is carried out in order to confirm whether women are pregnant or not. These can be confirmed with the indicative makers that are found in the urine or blood which are about to be sampled states cm hospital Gynecologist In Velachery .

John Doe said...

Rathnaa Fertility Centre is the best fertility center in karaikudi. And They offering best fertility treatment with affordable ivf cost. Established for more than 6+ years