Monday afternoon I went to the ER b/c of spotting and sudden cramps on my left side. I was there from 3:30pm-10:30pm and was then transferred to another hospital b/c this one did not have ob/gyn services. Why did it take them 7 hours to tell me this? They should have told me that the moment I told them I was pregnant. At the first hospital they took blood and did u/s. I was told they were having trouble reading the u/s. I felt like telling them to let me see, I can tell them if there’s a baby in there or not. So finally this doctor comes and tells me that w/ a BETA of 5400, they should be able to see something and since they can’t and I am having the pain on my left side, they are going to transfer me to another hospital that should be able to see if it’s ectopic. I was so mad that they kept me for so long. Once I was transferred, I had blood and u/s done again immediately, and again, nothing on the u/s. I was told that they are going to admit me. Since nothing was seen on the u/s again, they may have to do laparoscopic surgery and check the tube. I didn’t want to lose my tube.
So, Tuesday morning a total of 4 doctors came to see me, all at different times. I had to keep answering the same questions. They could not understand why I was taking a diabetic medication if I was not Type II, they did not understand why I was on Prometrium for my low progesterone. They thought it was ectopic too. They were going to give me Methotraxate, but wanted to wait since they knew it was a wanted pregnancy. I kept telling them to call my RE. The doctor said he did not have privileges in this hospital. I know that!! I didn’t want you to call him so he can come see me, I wanted them to know what happened…and hopefully b/c ya’ll are stumped he could tell you what to do!! The one doctor kept asking me if I had invitro I said no, and explained my cycle again telling him I had an IUI for better chance. They just didn’t know!! And it frustrated me to no end. I was told that my BETA went down to 4500 so they are going to keep me another day and watch what it does. Now, I am not a doctor, but you are telling me my BETA is going down, what is there to be stumped about, I am having a miscarriage. I kind of felt like they were giving me false hope, when I knew it was already over. They sent me for another u/s. The u/s tech told me to tell them to stop sending me, that I was too early, that I may have miscalculated when I conceived. I told her that I had a monitored cycle and I could tell her w/in a few hours difference exactly when I ovulated, I am not off in my days. She said I had a lot of cysts, and free fluid (due to being hyperstimmed), but still nothing in or out of the uterus. So, I stayed and waited. Meanwhile after not having much pain all day, it became excruciating that night and always on my left side. I was so scared it was ectopic and my tube was going to burst. The pain eventually subsided again.
The lady doctor came back Wednesday morning and said they were going to run another BETA and based on that make a determination. This was 7am. BETA drawn shortly after. And I waited and waited and waited. Meanwhile, I am not bleeding heavy, just mostly spotting. Only feeling pain if I move a certain way or when I get up to go to the bathroom. Hubby comes to see me and finally at 3pm the doctor comes back. She says that she just spoke to my RE (YAY!!) and since nothing is found on the u/s I have already passed the baby. My BETA is 3500. I am having a natural m/c. And to follow up w/ my RE in 2 weeks to have my levels checked. We are not sure yet why I m/c again. I think it’s stress related. I can’t seem to keep calm, work issues, home issues w/ my step son, and the whole OMG I am going to lose this baby and checking the TP every time I go to the bathroom thing. And there’s the progesterone issue.
Hubby and I decided we are going to take a break. 2 m/c within 5 mos is too much for us. We have waited 10 years, what’s a few more months…right? When I see the RE in a few weeks I am going to discuss going on BCP b/c I don’t want another 21 day bleeding episode. I am going to take advantage of the gym my job has opened and try to lose some weight too. After the New Year when my heart and body are healed, we will try again.Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and love.