Friday, April 3, 2009

CD 13

Well...my appointment didn't go so good. I don't have any measurable follies and I got the you need to lose weight/IVF talk. He said he would not stop treating me, but since the clomid takes so long and so much to work he thinks after a year this is what it is. Lose weight ...fine. IVF...not so fine. I will never have $10,000 just lying around to put into a cycle that may or may not work. My insurance does not cover IVF or injectables. I am taking 200mg of clomid for 7 more days and going back next Friday. I am so freaking bummed.

Thanks Megan!!!!! I love to smell pretty. (I won a give away on her blog)

4 comments:

Jendeis said...

I'm sorry, hon. This just stinks.

BigP's Heather said...

That does suck. Our insurance didn't cover anything fertility related either. It is horrible that decisions have to based around finances - especially in this economy.

Anyway you can save up for injectibles and an IUI? We paid like 2K for the meds and $300 for the IUI - that was when we did just injectibles. It was less on the clomid and a little gonal-f cycles.

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Sweetie, I know just where you are right now.... let me ask you this..

Have you thought about getting Weight Loss Surgery?? I had mine in 2002, and I was very clomid resistant... 250 mgs did nothing for me. THen after I lost weight, my ovaries went NUTS on that stuff!! Consider it because it may just be the thing you need.

Many hugs coming your way sweetie!!!

Anonymous said...

hi, lynaa. i've been lurking for a while on your blog and my FET cycle didn't work as well.

i saw dr. g yesterday and he also mentioned the weight talk and we would try clomid with 200mgs this cycle.

hang in there!

trubluebeliever