Thursday, May 7, 2009

5w2d - rollercoaster of emotions

I had my u/s this morning and this is what we saw....

Introducing lil baby bubble bean!!!


5w2d




Isn't she/he perfect. =)

So, I opted to have the RE call me w/ the BETA results today. BIG MISTAKE. I went from 668 to 1320 in 3 days, this is a doubling of 3.05 days (basically 72 hours give or take). Although every freaking website i go to says 48-72hour doubling is normal, I am still shitting bricks. Why did it slow down soooo much from 1.71 to 3.05 that double the time to make the HCG. DH is optimistic and doesn't understand why I am stressing so much about the 'numbers' as he calls them. I told the nurse when she called that by my calculations, I should have been 2000+, but she said the RE says the numbers are fine and they are looking for a 65% increase. So, do I forget I heard that number and enjoy the fact that I am preggers and finally seen somthing on the screen, or do I continue to allow the !!@#$%^ number to mess w/ my emotions???

12 comments:

Jendeis said...

Keeping you and the little one in my thoughts. Come on baby! Now is not the time to worry about getting too big! Grow baby grow!

stina978 said...

Grow baby grow!!! Forget the # hun, that's just a personal opinion from someone who was glad her Dr decided NOT to do another beta :)

Liz said...

Looks perfect to me!

Michele said...

Your RE is right. 63% is actually the needed doubling time. I'm a slow doubler (usually every 72h) and things have been fine. Dont stress.

And your little one is very cute!

I Believe in Miracles said...

I had a slower doubling time too. They said to look for a 65% increase, so I think you're right on the money. Grow baby, grow!

Anonymous said...

Grow, baby, grow!

Surely seeing something on the u/s is better than the betas?

I hope you can take a moment to relax and enjoy this- you are PREGNANT! :D
T.

A Decade of BFNs said...

Thanks!!!!! I am trying the more I keep telling myself it's not just 48 and it's up to 72 the better i start to feel, but u know how us TTCers are...we worry over every little thing.

The Joye of Teaching said...

That little bean is adorable. Grow baby! ((hugs))

Queenie. . . said...

Congratulations, and try not to obsess. If the doctor says it's fine, it's fine.

I know, that's not helpful, and you'll probably obsess anyway (I'm right there with you!). Best of luck to you in coming months.

The Swann's said...

Here from LFCA...

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!! I'll be praying that beanie is there for the LONG haul!!!!

~Meghan

Anonymous said...

What an awesome sight to see your baby bubble bean on u/s!!

Oh hcg numbers, they were put on this f#cking planet to seriously mess with our heads. Mine went from a perfect 47-48 hour doubling time to 52 hours...and so I freaked, until the u/s. I'm still freaked, but that's just the nature of my life with my history. I will be having weekly scans though.

I certainly hope baby bubble bean keeps growing!!

Take care and look after yourselves!

S

C said...

Muuahhhww girl...am so freaking happy...... and don't stress about the number...am sure lill bubba is doing just great!