Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CD8 - Things-a-Brewin'

Had my RE appointment today. I have a 7.2mm lining. I don't get it, on CD3 prior to the heavy bleeding and clotting, my lining was 7.8mm, how could it have only gone down .6mm after what I just experienced??

I have 3 follies on the Right side that are being watched - 11mm, 9mm and 8mm and 2 follies on my Left side that are being watched - 7mmX2. I have an 18mm follie with irregular borders that was there on CD 3 as well. We are ignoring that one. Funny thing, I Usually O from my Left side and it seems Righty is doing pretty good this time around. The last time Righty had a follie I got a BFP.

So, I will be doing 150iu of Follistim for 5 more days and I go back on Monday w/ my HCG shot. Now, this could all change based on the B/W. So, we'll see.

I also took a peep at my CD3 blood work…

E2 - 37.0

P4 - .2

FSH - 5.3

LH - 4.8

What do you think??

I looked it up here FertilityPlus.

CD3 E2 levels should be between 25-75 - Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.

CD3 P4 levels should be <1.5>Often called the follicular phase level. An elevated level may indicate a lower pregnancy rate.

CD3 FSH levels should be between 3-20 - FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.

CD3 LH levels should be <7>A normal LH level is similar to FSH. An LH that is higher than FSH is one indication of PCOS.

I think I am doing good..huh?? So why no baby yet!!!!

I called the pharmacy this is the price quote I got for Follistim:

300iu $382.80

600iu $765.60

900iu $1148.40

I was given a 300iu and 600iu in the beginning by my RE, and now I was just given 2 - 300iu. $1914 worth of meds. I can't afford that each month. Dam this better work.

6 comments:

CG said...

Yay on the great ultrasound. I agree that these meds r crazy expensive. I am crossing my fingers for you this cycle.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about the lining...I will bleed like crazy and when I go for my cd12 u/s, the lining is still thick. What's that all about? I hope this cycle works out for you. We haven't gone the route of injectibles yet, but I feel it coming. I had no idea they were so expensive. Guess I should start saving. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That sucks about the lining~I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

BigP's Heather said...

It sounds good to me!

Everything medical related is so expensive. Drives me nuts.

Anonymous said...

The old one is www.tryingtoconceivewithpcos.blogspot.com

A Decade of BFNs said...

OH! I know who you are lol